The entire world is made of energy. Each person and every object is vibrating at different frequencies. When we are happy, we emit high energy frequencies; when we are down or burnt out we emit low energy frequencies.
Your body generates electricity, which interacts with the crystal. Different crystals do different things so we can use them to change our energy and align ourselves with the vibe we desire.
What are Crystals?
Crystals are minerals formed underground the earth, that are made up of a series of molecules or atoms. While some are small, others can grow very large, developing over thousands of years.
The main types of minerals are silicates, oxides, sulfates, sulfides, carbonates, native elements, and halides.
How we use Crystals for Healing?
Crystals have been used as a form of healing and as a way of harnessing spiritual energy for centuries. As the world of wellness continues to thrive, so too does interest in this ancient healing technique.
There are many different types of healing stones each with a different shape, structural makeup and meaning.
While some have more traditional aesthetics (such as clear quartz and amethyst) others are made up of more rock like formations (see: selenite and tiger's eye), each are as unique and powerful as the other.
The decision of which crystals to incorporate into your home ultimately depends on what you're looking for.
There are thousands of crystals that are associated with helping to enhance and enrich your daily life. Some stones are believed keep you more grounded and help you find your inner purpose while others might simply brighten up your day and dispel negative energies.
You name it, there's a crystal for it.
How Crystal healing works?
Each mineral has different characteristics and meanings. For example, rose quartz is known as the 'stone of love', while amethyst is believed to have calming, stress-relieving qualities.
Many people use crystals to set intentions, believing that the stone will harness this energy and channel it into the environment where it's placed.
But, to unlock the magical qualities of each stone, users are encouraged to care for their crystals by cleansing, charging and tactically positioning your crystals around the home for them to truly manifest the user's intentions.
How to Cleanse you Healing Crystals?
You should cleanse any new stones you bring into the house straight away to get rid of any negative energy they may have acquired on their previous journey, as well as any time you want to refresh the crystal and clear it of any residual unwanted energies.
Here are three different methods for cleansing your crystal:
- Submerge the crystal you wish to cleanse in a bowl of salt water.
- Smudge new crystals with a sage stick or run them through sage smoke.
- Leave crystals outside under the full moon for 24 hours.
How to Charge your Healing Crystals?
For each crystal to fully absorb your intentions you have to program the stone for it to manifest. Think of it like growing a flower, you gotta give it some TLC in order for it to bloom - the same applies to crystals, a process known as 'charging'.
There are various ways to charge your crystals, here are the main techniques:
- Hold the crystal in your non-dominant hand and imagine a white light surrounding the stone while you recharge the stone and set your intention.
- Place the crystal under the moonlight or sunlight for 24 hours.
- Tingsha chimes, singing bowls, or tuning forks can be used to recharge crystals as they absorb the vibrations of the sound.
- Place the crystal that needs charging with other crystals such as amethyst, quartz, and selenite, which can absorb the energies of other crystals and regenerate them.
- Go back to the earth and bury your crystal in the garden for 24 hours. If you don't have a garden, pop your crystal into the soil of a flower pot.
When charging your stones you have to visualize what you want from it and set your intention, making sure to open your mind and heart to their healing vibrations.